Sunday, February 28, 2010

ZIP.ca

I joined zip.ca recently, the canadian version of netflix.  I have one month free to evaluate the service. Everyone can get 2 weeks free but you have to have a code, which many are floating around the internet to get the month.  Thus far I have liked the experience.  I joined Friday, and they claim to have sent my DVDs out that day.  They say the DVDs should arrive by Thursday at the latest.  You cannot get your favorite DVDs right away with Zip.ca unfortunately, but you can get DVDs on your list as long as your list holds 20 or so titles.  They also recommend based on your movie ratings movies you may like.

I am trying to figure out what sort of relationship I want with my media mostly for once I move. Zip.ca is one option.  I pretty much hate commercials and this way my TV shows can be on DVD rather than cable.  Here I have cable but we don't pay for it and I sort of hate the free service we have now.  The cable guy got in a fight with out building manager a year ago and we've had free cable every since. 

I wish I could get Hulu here, and I may try to once I buy my new computer because I plan on buying a MAC and I have heard that MACs are not detected as easily with the software that hides your location but for now with my current computer, Hulu is not an option.

I am going to go through all the options for media resources in the next couple of months and let you know what is my frugal choice for watching and reading media.

What do you use for your media?

No comments:

Post a Comment